Have a mouse problem? You are not alone!
According to the NPMA (National Pest Management Association), each winter, mice and other rodents infest and invade an estimated 21 million homes in the United States.
Mice tend to enter homes in the fall and winter to find food, water and a warm shelter. Although some may find these litter critters cute, they can spread over 200 human pathogens and are quick to reproduce.
Mind-Blowing Mouse Facts
- A female mouse can have 6-10 litters per year, with 6-12 babies per litter. Mice have a gestation period of 2 months and can be re-impregnated within 24 hours.
- Mice may be small, but they can eat 15-20 times per day.
- Mice are good jumpers and climbers; they can jump a foot into the air, which makes for easy access to your counter tops.
- A mouse can squeeze through an opening the size of a dime.
- A mouse can produce between 40 and 100 droppings per day.
- Mice are germ carriers and spread diseases such as salmonella and Hantavirus.
If you see a mouse in your home, you can assume there are probably more or will be soon. Because mice carry disease, it may be best to contact a professional if the situation calls for it.
The pest specialists and office staff at Safeway Pest Management are knowledgeable and ready to help with your mouse problem. Give us a call at 262-679-4422 in Muskego, 262-354-3444 in Oconomowoc or toll free at 800-956-0800 or visit us on the web at http://www.safewaypest.net.
Ask us about our new special Winter Residential Rodent Program!!