The cold weather arrives and you begin to toss around the question:
“Do I really need professional pest management services in the winter?”
While we can’t answer that question for you, we can offer some information regarding winter pests and helpful tips to keep them at bay. Our friendly, knowledgeable advice and service options are only a phone call away, we are here to Give you Peace of Mind.
Unfortunately, not all pest problems occur during the warmer months. Insects such as bed bugs, cockroaches, various pantry invaders and fleas are year-round problems for many homeowners. Rodents, such as rats and mice, are also prevalent during the colder months and in search of warm harborages.
The best way to protect from pests such as these ever entering your home is to use some smart, early prevention methods. When followed, the suggestions below can reduce the chances of a pest infestation in your home.
- Keep moisture in check by sealing any leaks and covering any liquids.
- Make a seasonal plan to seal up any openings where pests can get inside. Openings that offer warmth are inviting to winter pests.
- Keep food in airtight containers. Clean up spills and keep your sink and dishes clean.
- Take garbage out regularly and store it in a sealed outdoor container.
- Be vigilant of bed bugs while traveling over the holidays. Pack a flashlight and keep your luggage in the hotel bathroom while checking the beds for tiny black dots that resemble pepper. Pay special attention to the bed corners and seams.
- Keep your pest specialist handy for year round advice and for all-season pest prevention and management solutions.
The Staff at Safeway Pest Management wish you the Happiest of Holidays and a Pest-Free 2016!
The pest specialists at Safeway Pest Management are knowledgeable and ready to help with your winter pest problem. Give us a call at 262-679-4422 in Muskego, 262-354-3444 in Oconomowoc or toll free at 800-956-0800 or visit us on the web at www.safewaypest.net.