If you think about some of the creepy things found in your typical haunted house, it may shock you to realize that many are pest-related! There are Halloween horrors such as: Webs filled with spooky spiders in windows, cockroaches in the kitchen, and rodents running along the walls. Having these pests in your home can be a truly hair-raising experience no matter what time of the year!
Spiders, while beneficial in your garden and in reducing the number of other insects in your home, can also bite humans.
Cockroaches are an unsanitary pest and known carriers of diseases such as salmonella and dysentery and can cause asthmatic reactions and allergic reactions in some individuals.
Rodents like mice and rats can carry diseases such as leptospirosis, rat-bite fever, hantavirus and salmonellosis. They also have the ability to chew through electrical cords, which can spark fires.
Some Halloween Pest-Proofing Tips:
- On the exterior of your home, seal any noticeable cracks or openings, especially around pipes and wiring that enter your home.
- Keep food in closed containers, left out food attracts pests.
- Clean up spills and garbage. Keep garbage in a closed container.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet from your home and 5 inches off of the ground.
- Call a pest professional if needed.
Safeway Pest Management is licensed, certified, knowledgeable and available to answer any questions or help with treatment of your pest problems. Please call our Muskego office at 262-679-4422, our Oconomowoc office at 262-354-3444 or Toll Free at 800-956-0800.
You can also visit our website at http://www.safewaypest.net